Your online banking experience just got better. Our enhanced features will help you enjoy greater security and convenience with Peoples Bank. New enhanced features include:
- Improved online security
- eAlerts – receive email or text alerts about account activity
- Export - export information to financial management software
- Free Popmoney® personal payment service*
- Free external transfers – transfer funds to and from accounts at other financial institutions*
- Mobile banking (coming soon)
- Quick Pay Zone – pay bills right from your home page
- Simple & easy navigation
- Pay date' is now the day you want your payee to receive payment – not the day you want payment to start processing.
- Hold funds until the payee receives the check on that 'pay date'
- Simplified e-bills
- Make same-day expedited payments to select payees (fees may apply)
See the How to Switch tab for important news and tips.
See the Quicken Users tab for important information on updating your Quicken settings after March 4th.
*Popmoney ® and External Transfers are features that require Bill Pay. Certain fees apply for expedited payments, e-Greetings, and stop payments.
** Online Banking access will be considered inactive if at any time you have not logged in within 180 days. Inactive users are purged from our Online Banking system. To obtain access to your accounts and statements online you would need to register for Online Banking again.
- Important News
IMPORTANT NEWS FOR ONLINE BANKING USERS
In order to provide you with a new and improved internet banking experience, you will be unable to access Internet Banking after 7:00 pm Thursday, February 28th until Monday March 4th. This will not affect any scheduled transfers or loan payments scheduled to be made during this time period.
After March 4th, the first time you log on:
- Access ID: Enter your current User ID. Any alphabetical characters must be entered as lower case. For example, if your existing User ID is ThisIsMyUserID!123, please enter it as thisismyuserid!123.
- Password: Important Information will be mailed to you regarding your password.
- The system will automatically ask you to change your Password.
- Then you will be asked to complete the Security Enrollment form.
All of your account history will be available in the new system. Once you've logged on to the new system, make sure all of your accounts are displayed, and make sure your personal information and preferences are set up properly. Please note that any eAlerts you've set up in the old system will not be available in the new online banking system.
Setting up your eAlerts: It's easy to set up your eAlerts and new options will be available - just click on the Alerts tab at the top of the home page.
IMPORTANT NEWS FOR BILL PAY USERS
Our bill pay service will be changing with new and improved features. To perform this upgrade, service will be unavailable from 7:00 pm Thursday, February 28th to Tuesday March 5th. Any payments that are already scheduled will process as normal, including payments scheduled to be paid during this period.
Please see actions below you will need to consider to make this transition as smooth as possible for you:
- Continue to make changes to payees, payments, profile information, etc. until 7:00 pm Thursday, February 28th.
- All your payees and all scheduled bill payments will be automatically transferred to the new online bill pay service.
- All payments scheduled between Thursday, February 28 and Tuesday, March 5th WILL be processed as scheduled. There is no need to reschedule any of your payments.
- Please note that the separate payee history will not be transferred. Your account statements contain all payment history information but if you wish to retain a history by payee separately from your other account activity, you will need to print it or download it before 7:00 pm Thursday, February 28.
- Remember, our online bill pay service will be unavailable from 7:00 pm Thursday February 28 to March 5th.
Recommended Actions to Prevent Missed Payments
- We recommend that you print a list of your payees and a list of your scheduled payments before 7:00 pm Thursday, February 28 so you have it to compare against the information in the new bill pay service.
- Be sure to review your payee information and scheduled payments the first time you log in after March 5.
- Quicken Users
You will need to perform a few simple steps to modify your Quicken settings after March 4. Your instructions will depend upon whether you are a Mac or Windows user.