At Peoples Bank, we hire only the best people. We look not only for those with the necessary skills essential to perform a particular job, but we choose only those candidates with excellent people skills, rock solid integrity, and a passion for customer service. In addition, our culture embraces and encourages diversity, professionalism, and teamwork.
If Peoples Bank sounds like the place for you to contribute, grow and enjoy a rewarding career apply today.
Current Positions Available:
SUMMER DOCUMENT SCANNING CLERK
Peoples Bank is looking to hire temporary help during the summer months for a clerical position working in an office setting. This position entails performing quality control procedures for insuring the accuracy of scanned documents.
40 hours per week is guaranteed, however applicants may request specific hours or days off to accommodate their schedules provided that sufficient notice is given prior to employment.
Applicants must have a high school diploma, be detail oriented, be intolerant of errors, and be experienced using Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel.
Pay is $8.50/hr.
Part Time Teller:
Position open for a Part Time Teller who projects a friendly and positive image to existing and potential customers. Duties would include cash handling, balancing a drawer and servicing customers by providing a variety of basic receipt and payment services. Responsible for comprehensive, prompt and efficient customer transactions. Days and hours will vary week to week with approximately 28 hours per week. Bilingual applicants preferred but not required.
COMMERCIAL LOAN OFFICER
Location: Kankakee County, IL
Summary: This is foremost a sales-oriented position focused on originating commercial loans and promoting business development throughout the bank's product offerings through public outreach and quality referrals.
• Underwrite and originate commercial loans that meet bank policy and support the bank's profit objectives. Properly document file with appropriate approval and underwriting analysis. Loan types include C&I, residential and commercial investment real estate, owner-occupied commercial real estate, municipal financing/leasing and commercial leasing.
• Review maturing loans on a timely basis for renewal or other appropriate activity prior to going past due.
• Maintain good working knowledge of the bank's technological tools for use in daily activities.
• Monitor existing portfolio and engage in appropriate collection activity on past due loans. Document collection activity on the Bank's core system and retain relative documentation in file. Engage and direct legal counsel as necessary for legal action to collect delinquent loans.
• Ensure proper risk rating and early identification of potential problem loans. Make notes to file when appropriate to document customer contact.
• Maximize bank profitability through appropriate pricing of new loan originations, fee income and selling of all bank products and services.
• Support the bank's strong relationship banking culture through on-going customer contact, quality customer service and superior product knowledge.
• Represent the bank through active participation in various Realtor, builder and community events.
• Develop new customers for the bank and maintain external referral sources.
• Develop positive working relationships with all areas of the bank. Actively refer business to other functional areas of the bank through the bank's referral system "All For One".
• Work with loan administration to resolve file exceptions and update financial file information in a timely manner.
• Protect the bank's interests by ensuring adequate documentation and adherence to Bank policy and to all laws/regulations including, but not limited to, Reg Z, Reg B, BSA/US Patriot Act, OFAC, Reg E, Reg X, Reg AA, Reg C, Flood Protection Act, Fair Lending, Reg V, Reg O, HOEPA, SAFE Act, HOPA, SCRA, Bank Protection Act, Reg P, Reg BB, Right to Financial Privacy, Privacy Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, GLBA, Identity Theft Red Flags, Elder Financial Abuse and all record retention rules.
• Strong interpersonal skills; strong verbal and written communication skills
• Extensive knowledge of financial statements analysis
• Familiarity with construction, commercial real estate, commercial leases, and C&I practices and terminology.
• Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, or accounting or equivalent work experience.
Application Instructions: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirement via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax 815-936-7680, or mail to Peoples Bank of Kankakee County, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 350, Bourbonnais, IL 60914
We are currently seeking applicants for a part-time administrative assistant to help our investment department continue to offer top notch customer service combined with accurate and efficient behind- the-scenes processing. Applicants must have excellent phone and personal skills. Additional requirements are:
• 6 months job related experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
• High school diploma or equivalent
Peoples Bank of Kankakee County
315 Main NW
Bourbonnais, IL 60914-2428
Peoples Bank of Kankakee County offers an excellent benefit package to all full time employees. These benefits include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Group Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Section 125 Plan
- Paid vacation and holiday hours
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Incentive Programs
Peoples Bank of Kankakee County is an equal employment opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sexual preference or orientation, gender identity, national origin or citizenship status, gender, physical or mental disability, genetic and family medical history information, pregnancy, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance, homelessness, and all other protected statuses. Peoples Bank of Kankakee County will take affirmative action to ensure that all employment practices are free of such discrimination. Such employment practices include, but are not limited to, the following: hiring, promotion, demotion, transfer, recruitment, selection, layoff, disciplinary action, termination, rates of pay or compensation, and training, including apprenticeship.